With hub offices in London but being set up (pre-covid) to support remote working this company has already been listed as number 2 in London's best startups and number 3 in Flexa's most flexible companies to work for. It's also been listed as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies to accelerate your career in 2021, and shares all of Lightning's values. We're so excited to be working on these roles exclusively directly with the hiring manager.
Cool Story bro...tell me some more?
If you’re keen to be on the frontline of creating never-before-seen travel technology
experiences, you belong with our client....they're out there solving an exciting, complex problem that has held back the hotel industry, if not the entire travel industry, for 20 years.
Forget following emerging technology trends — they’re looking to SET them!
Our client is making the process of booking hotel rooms ridiculously easy. In short, we’re providing hotels with powerful data distribution infrastructure.
The opportunities we hear you ask?
We’re looking for self-motivated folks to expand our clients high-performance team. You’ll be a brilliant fit if you’re obsessed with self-development, Stripe-level quality & reliability, smashing targets, and moving at a red-hot pace (hello, start-up life!)
Covid-19 has forced almost every industry in the world to adjust in 2020, and none more so than the travel industry. It is however, an exciting time to be in Travel Tech, with endless opportunities opened up for innovation and forward-thinking that will help jump start the travel industry. Our client is also backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, they’re on the cusp of launching a product that will connect people and travel once again.
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
You’ll be working directly with our clients Founders to help travel companies 10X their guest and booking experience.
- You’ll be navigating large organisations and significant decision making groups to get our clients Booking platform across the line in Tour Operators and Travel Management Companies.
- You’ll work across the Sales Funnel collaborating with SDRs to close deals.
- You’ll conduct personalised demos and presentations to Commercial, Technical and Finance stakeholders at our target customers.
- You’ll be putting together proposals and ensuring that they land well on the right desks.
- You’ll drive significant deals to close.
- You’ll help our client refine and adjust their sales process over-time, giving strong input into what adjustments they should make.
You should apply if:
- You have direct experience selling software to enterprise, with a $50K to $250K ARPA.
- You have demonstrable success in exceeding quota, re-qualifying, shepherding and closing deals.
- You’re a first-grade communicator and great presenter that has a strong desire to win.
- You’re excited to input in establishing a strong sales process for a product.
- You have significant ambition for rapid progression.
- You believe that sales is just as much about asking questions as giving answers.
- You share our organisational vision of democratising travel and enabling innovation across an entire industry.
- You thrive on excellence, autonomy and questioning conventional wisdom.
You shouldn’t apply if (we want to be as honest and transparent as we can):
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast-growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You think lofty goals are better left to renovation builders.
- You don't have previous experience selling directly to travel agencies and tour operators
Why our client?
- They’re revolutionising an out-of-date 1.6 trillion dollar market. This means they’re reimagining what travel can and should look like - and you can be a part of that.
- They’re supported by some of the most respected investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, SecretEscapes, Trivago, Transferwise, and Airbnb.
- They’re an innovation-bent and product-obsessed team (who don’t take ourselves too seriously)
- Their remote working environment offers more flexibility, less pressure, and a better work-life balance.
- They’ve been remote-first since 2017 and know how to do it.
- They offer lofty progression opportunities
- They’re clear on our mission to enable innovators to build the world's most incredible travel experiences.
We also have a benefits package that’s second-to-none and a wonderful community and culture. Check out our deck and our careers page for more on that.
Where will you work?
Our client is a remote-first and asynchronous company. This was a very deliberate, natural choice, as they prioritise preserving work-life balance and accommodating the best people in Europe, whilst also fostering diversity.
They employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT, timezone wise for now (expanding globally in the future).
What you will get in return?
- Loved ones budget - bring your loved ones to visit you, totally on our client - up to £750 per year, however near or far from home you are.
- Flexible working hours; meaning you can plan your workday around your own schedule. #flexappeal.
- Generous raise opportunities - pay reviews bi-annually, with 3.5x the average increase, using a fair, transparent and consistent formula.
- Totally Flexible benefits; meaning you can build your own adventure to create the most meaningful benefits package to you and your family and lifestyle - including over £100 per month on the H&W + Lifestyle activities of your choice.
- Free Food & Drinks - through our weekly Lunch-Buddies initiative.
- 1,000 Professional Development budget per year to invest in your own growth, with constant support from your manager.
- Social Events & Budget - a mixture of in-person (go-karting, mini-golf) and remote events.
- Personalised Workspace Budget - to rent out the perfect office equipment for you, in addition to the monthly WFH stipend.
- 36 Days Holiday per year - that’s in the top 14% in the UK.
- 1 Unsick Day per year - to keep on top of that healthcare admin.
- The flexibility to work anywhere in Europe, in the home office or co-working space that suits you and your preferred work environment.
- Remote Experience Manager and the ability to get involved in our clients unique pop up parties.
- Pay from £40K to £60K dependant on experience