We'll make a bet that you won't be able to guess who the client is on this one. We've known the MD for years and can safely say they're one of the best characters and most knowledgeable across all areas of luxury leisure and lifestyle travel. This luxury outfit are made up of the best IC's in the biz and sell to HNWI, with their specialities being Indian Ocean & the Med. This is a BRAND NEW DIVISION within the organisation, so it's all very exciting.
This is SUCH a unique role and one that will continue to evolve. We're looking for someone that has a great luxury product knowledge, but has also sold to agents. GDS experience is essential and so is knowing how to quote tour operator airfares and obvs experience contracting. Outside of this, you'll be the face of the brand as you sign up new product and actively sell direct to the IC's within the umbrella brand. This is the first role of its kind and as such we're looking for a unicorn to make it their own.
To service Independant Consultants, as well as external travel agencies with ATOL package bookings.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a travel purchasing/contracting role
- Proven track record in product development, achieved within a tour operator environment
- Strong negotiation, contracting and communication skills
- Ability to create product strategies
- ATOL and Package Travel Regulations knowledge
- ITX fare knowledge
- FIT hotel contract knowledge
- Preferable but not compulsory is good understanding of Dolphin
- Ability to create dynamic packages and curate bespoke offers
- Research & identify new market trends and products to enhance the existing portfolio
- Prospect and approach new hotels for contracting
- Produce, prepare, and keep updated reports as required by management
- Database management
- Assist in technology integration projects
- Involvement in new b2b business developments
- Keep contracts/stop sales/special offers updated in folders for all sales team to access daily
- Attend networking/sales conferences when necessary
- Onboard new advisors
- Set up and attend meetings with new and existing suppliers
Day to Day
- Building ATOL compliant luxury tour packages
- Pricing dynamic packages & benchmarking pricing against competitors
- Refreshing packages to ensure inventory and pricing is up to date
- Answer telephone and emails in polite, timely and efficient manner
- Service IC travel requests ensuring best value for client adhering to company policy
- Process any administrative task or query promptly and accurately
- To immediately report and log all complaints / Praise to your Line Manager and to respond as directed
- Marketing and promoting the business externally
- Acquiring new customers and developing existing customer accounts
- Quality control own work within agreed time scales, to ensure work is accurate for management information and immediate action from the accounts department.
- Attend client and supplier functions when required, to develop & maintain relationships.
The Small Print:
Remote based role with some in person facetime required in London per month
9am to 6pm Mon-Fri core working hours
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience + commission structure